Earlier this week, the mobile network put out a lengthy press statement that was very light in details about the actual plans, but said that the company is doing something with a 4G network.
In a press conference, the regulator denied granting any 4G license, test permission and consent of utilizing particular resources for 4G services to the company and said that the action of the mobile network was misleading and deceptive.
The regulator also instructed the mobile network to retract its public statement by the end of Thursday, but at the time of writing, the original claims are still on Etisalat's website unedited.
Replying to questions of journalists, ATRA officials emphasized the importance of accomplishing obligations by all 3G service providers in regard to coverage, consumer protection and quality services in the country.
Posted to: www.cellular-news.com/story/58751.php