Norway to Auction 1800Mhz Spectrum Next Year
Published on: 3rd Jul 2014
The Norwegian Post and Telecommunications Authority (NPT) has decided to award the three available blocks in the 1800 MHz band by multiround ascending auction.
The frequencies are the unsold blocks from the multiband auction in December 2013. The preliminary timeline for the award is now available.
NPT has engaged the consulting firm Copenhagen Economics to assist with implementation of the auction and development of auction software.
- 15 September 2014 - Publication of draft auction rules, start of public consultation
- 27 October 2014 - Deadline for public consultation
- 8 December 2014 - Publication of the final auction rules and invitation to register for the auction
- 12 January 2015 - Deadline for registration
- 26 January 2015 - Auction start