Home >> More Regulatory news >> This Article

Gabon Telecom Granted 3G and 4G Licenses

Published on:

Note -- this news article is more than a year old.

Gabon Telecom is to be allocated additional licenses to offer 3G and 4G services, a government statement has announced.

A bilateral meeting between the heads of the governments of Morocco and Gabon was held last week, and amongst the 24 agreements signed between the two countries, was a note about Gabon Telecom being granted the additional licenses.

Gabon Telecom is a 51% owned subsidiary of Morocco based  Maroc Telecom. The remaining 49% is owned by the Gabonese government.

It was not clear from the short comment when the licenses will be granted, or what payments, if any will be required.

Gabon Telecom is the largest telecom company in Gabon with around 1 million customers.

Sign up for our free email news alerts

Sample Copy

Tags: gabon telecom  3g license  4g license  Gabon