LG Shows Off its First Compact Smartphone
Published on: 20th Feb 2014
Note -- this news article is more than a year old.
LG has confirmed that it will unveil its first ever "compact" smartphone, G2 mini at the MWC conference.
User features found in LG's premium G Series flagship models, such as Guest Mode, Plug & Pop, Clip Tray and Capture Plus, have all been carried over to the G2 mini. In addition, the G2 mini will be available in many variations: Single/Dual SIM, 3G/4G LTE and four colour options, among others.
LG says that the smartphone market has settled into categories of premium devices with display sizes above 5-inches and mid-tier devices in the 4.5-inch range -- so its new phone is nether of those as it comes with a 4.7-inch screen.
Otherwise, it comes with Android 4.4 and a quad-core processor.
"The G2 mini is all about bringing the best user experience of the G2 to a more compact, mid-tier device, giving millions of customers the opportunity to benefit from the LG premium experience," said Dr. Jong-seok Park, president and CEO of LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company. "This device offers the perfect balance of modern design and practical UX in a compact package without compromising performance."
The G2 mini will being its global rollout in March with the 3G Dual SIM model in CIS countries followed soon after by major markets.
- Chipset: 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Quad-Core MSM8926 (LTE) / MSM8226 (3G) 1.7GHz Nvidia Quad Core Tegra 4i (LATAM LTE version)
- Display: 4.7-inch qHD IPS (960 x 540)
- Memory: 8GB eMMC / 1GB RAM / SD Card Slot
- Camera: Rear 8.0MP / 13.0MP (LATAM LTE version) / Front 1.3MP
- Battery: 2,440mAh (removable)
- Size: 129.6 x 66.0 x 9.8mm
- Weight: 121g
- Network: Cat. 4 & VoLTE / Cat. 3(LATAM), HSPA+ 21Mbps (3G)
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0, WiFi (802.11 b/g/n), A-GPS, NFC (LTE version only)
- Other: Plug & Pop, Guest Mode, Clip Tray, Quick Window, etc.