LG Shows Off Successor to the G Pro Smartphone
Published on: 13th Feb 2014
By: Ian Mansfield
LG Electronics (LG) has shown off its successor to the LG G Pro smartphone. The new model comes with a 5.9 inch screen and extra slim bezel of 3.3mm.
The G Pro 2 is the first LG smartphone to benefit from an enhanced 13MP camera with OIS+ that adds software anti-shake functionality to the hardware-based feature already built into the camera module. In addition, the sensors and lens of the rear and front camera on the G Pro 2 have increased in both size and sensitivity.
Otherwise, so much just a few tweaks. The company says that it has cleaned up the user interface, and went on at considerable length about the keypad lock.
Availability of G Pro 2 in markets outside of Korea has not yet been determined.
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 (2.26 GHz Quad-Core)
- GPU: Qualcomm Technologies Adreno 330
- Display: 5.9-inch Full HD IPS (1920 x 1080), Slim Bezel
- Memory: 3GB DDR3 RAM / 16GB/32GB eMMC ROM / microSD slot
- Camera: Rear 13.0MP OIS+ / Front 2.1MP
- Battery: 3,200mAh (removable)
- Operating System: Android 4.4 KitKat
- Size: 157.9 x 81.9 x 8.3mm
- Weight: 172g
- Network: LTE / HSPA+
- Connectivity: Bluetooth Smart Ready (BT 4.0) / USB / WiFi / NFC / SlimPort
- Colors: Titan, White, Red
- Other: Knock Code, 1W Hi-Fi Sound, Content Lock