Home >> More Random news >> This Article

Teenage Girl Burnt When Apple iPhone Catches Fire

Published on:

Note -- this news article is more than a year old.

A schoolgirl has suffered burns after an Apple iPhone reportedly caught fire while she was carrying it in the pocket of her trousers.

Local news reports said that the 13-year old girl, who has not been identified was at school and sat down with the phone in her back pocket.

She heard a popping sound and noticed smoke coming from the pocket.

Teachers had to strip the girl and put a blanket around while they waited for an ambulance to arrive. She was treated for first- and second-degree burns, but later released from hospital.

Fire officials are investigating, but preliminary thoughts are that she crushed the phone when sitting down and that sparked a short circuit in the handset.

The school praised the girl for immediately laying down and rolling around to try and put the fire out.

Apple hasn't commented on the incident yet.

On the web: Seacoast Online

Sign up for our free email news alerts

Sample Copy

Tags: apple iphone  USA