Global LTE Subscriber Base Passes 100 Million
The worldwide LTE subscriber base hit the 100-million milestone in August 2013, according to Taiwan based research house, MIC. They added that there are 175 operators in 77 countries with LTE networks up and running.
- 65 commercial LTE networks deployed in 30 countries.
- More than 3.3 million LTE subscribers (August 2013)
- 2 networks adopted TD-LTE technology while 55 networks ran on pure FDD technology
- 42 commercial LTE networks deployed in 11 countries.
- 47.9 million LTE subscribers with 45.8% of worldwide share. (August 2013)
- Verizon's LTE subscriber surpassed 30 million and AT&T's reached 10 million in 2Q 2013.
- 43 commercial LTE networks deployed in 17 countries.
- 49.3 million LTE subscribers with 47.2% of worldwide share. (August 2013)
- LTE subscribers in Japan exceeded 25 million while Korea's hit 23 million in August 2013.