Sony Rolling out Jelly Bean 4.1 Update for Some Xperia Phones
Sony Mobile says that it has started rolling out the maintenance release for Xperia S, Xperia SL & Xperia acro S smartphones to fix some bugs.
After making Android JB 4.1 available for these smartphones, the company received feedback on a few issues within the build, which they say they have now fixed, and also made a few other improvements.
As usual, timing & availability of the updates may vary by market & mobile network operator.
For camera, they've…
- addressed an abnormality in the white balance
- improved the "Quick Launch" button functionality
- smoothed out (1080p) video recording, minimizing lag
For apps, services & data, they've…
- streamlined Exchange Active Sync, particularly when running an encrypted set-up
- boosted connection stability for 2G network data
- ensured preferences on 3rd party apps remain after reboot
For battery, they've…
- economised power consumption, and heat dispersion for longer life
- corrected juice level notifications, especially when running low
And for hardware & UI, they've…
- introduced a home key long-press to launch Google Now, and a double-press to launch Recent Apps
- made sure the volume "up" button is fully responsive