Sony Mobile Shows Off Three Smartphones and One Tablet
Sony Mobile has announced a new range of three new Xperia smartphones, along with the first Xperia Tablet.
The company's new global flagship model is the Xperia T, although there is a higher spec model, the Xperia V, which comes with LTE.
Xperia T will launch globally over the next few weeks. Xperia V and Xperia J will launch globally in calendar Q4 2012. Prices were not disclosed.
"This year's IFA marks an important milestone for Sony and Sony Mobile Communications. Xperia smartphones are at the heart of Sony's mobile strategy of delivering a consistent user experience across devices, enabling consumers to easily and quickly access the world of entertainment that Sony delivers," commented Kunimasa Suzuki, President and CEO of Sony Mobile Communications.
Xperia T key features:
- 4.6" HD Reality Display powered by the Mobile BRAVIA Engine
- 13 megapixel camera
- Full 1080p HD video recording capabilities and a 720p HD front camera
- Connectivity with 'One-touch' function enabled by NFC
- PlayStation Certified
- 1.5GHz dual core processor
- Android version 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich). Will be upgraded to Android version 4.1 (Jelly Bean) following launch. Detailed timing to follow
- MHL connectivity for viewing content on a big screen without the need for a charger
- Use Xperia TV Dock with MHL to HDMI converter and charging connector to enjoy photos and videos on an HDMI enabled TV
Xperia J key features:
- 9.2mm slim stylish design
- 4.0" FWVGA Display
- Social media updates with illumination
- 5MP AF camera
- Front chat camera
Xperia Tablet S key features:
- 9.4" HD display with OptiContrast Panel with low-friction coating
- NVIDIA Tegra 3 quad-core processor and Android 4.0.3 operating system