Sony Ericsson Shows Off New Walkman Phone
Published on: 6th November 2008
Sony Ericsson has shown off another Walkman branded mobile phone, and a Wireless Home Audio System. The W705 features the same sound quality as the W980 Walkman phone which was rated "best audio experience" in a trial conducted in Germany by TESTfactory. The W705 includes standard Walkman features such as the music recognition application TrackID, SensMe, for matching your mood to the music and Shake control to change tracks with the flick of your hand.
"We're really proud of what we have achieved in 2008 with our market leading mobile music range, said Ben Padley, Head of Global Music Marketing at Sony Ericsson. "Combining premium design and best-in-class sound quality with super-fast access to a host of digital content whether it be from PlayNow arena or via the web, we really are offering the most feature-rich mobile music experience available today."
The new W705
- Wi-Fi and DLNA certified
- PlayNow arena - a complete range of mobile entertainment
- Shake control - switch tracks and control the volume with the flick of a wrist
- SensMe - create playlists based on mood rather than artists or genres
- Large 2.4" screen
- Automatic rotation - switch from portrait to landscape with just a tilt of the phone
- Google Maps for Mobile
- 3.2 megapixel camera - snap and Bluetooth
- FM radio with TrackID - listen to the radio while on the move
- 4GB memory card
To compliment the W705 is the Wireless Home Audio System MBS-900, which connects wirelessly to a mobile phone through Bluetooth.
Also announced today is the W705u Walkman. UMA enables users to seamlessly roam between the mobile network and local area networks thanks to GSM/Wi-Fi dual capabilities. The W705u is exclusive to the operator Orange in markets where Orange is present.
The W705 and W705u (exclusive to Orange) support GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 and UMTS/HSPA 900/2100.
Neither phone will be available until early 2009.