Pantech Offers Free Windows Mobile Upgrade to AT&T Subscribers
Published on: 24th October 2008
Pantech Wireless has announced the US availability of Microsoft's Windows Mobile 6.1 operating system on all new Pantech duo handsets running on AT&T's network. The upgrade is also available free to existing AT&T customers owning a Pantech duo via an internet download.
"The addition of Windows Mobile 6.1 to the Pantech duo is another example of Pantech's commitment to improving the mobile experience for our customers," said Sandy Gomo, Director of Product Management, Pantech Wireless, Inc. "Availability of this update online is part of Pantech's strategy to protect the investment of loyal Pantech product users. Our continued relationship with AT&T and Microsoft brings customers fun and productive tools to enhance their everyday lives."
- Customizable Home Screen: Sliding panels streamline access to frequently-used phone features, allowing for picture and video viewing, listening to music, and coordinating calendar appointments
- Threaded Text Messaging: SMS text messages are threaded together into a single conversation, so users can view the entire conversation as they type
- Web: Zoom In/Out capabilities provide enhanced Web page viewing
- Support for Enterprise Device Management and Security: Advanced enterprise device management support features sophisticated security settings and simplified access for IT managers
- Productivity: Ability to cut, copy and paste text; auto-fill options for email addresses; select multiple messages in bulk; easily manipulate contacts, calendar and tasks features
- Bluetooth: Seamless pairing of headset to device without pairing code; ability for Bluetooth enabled cars to access phonebook
- Mobile Banking: Perform secure banking transactions with many of the nation's largest banks directly from the handset