Three New Mobile Phones from Sony Ericsson
Published on: 22nd July 2008
To coincide with the Walkman phone's third birthday, Sony Ericsson has unveiled three brand new mobile phones: the W902, W595 and W302, and seven new music accessories.
"Since the launch of our first Walkman phone in 2005, Sony Ericsson has continued to pioneer a superior mobile music experience - and the 77 million Walkman phones sold to date are testament to this commitment," says Ben Padley, Head of the Music Category at Sony Ericsson. "With this latest range of phones and accessories, we are offering high quality sound and a rich feature set that cements our position as a leader in the music phone category. We are pushing the boundaries of what people think is possible and are offering best-in-class sound quality and our most exciting Walkman phones to date."
The W302 is packed with Walkman features in an affordable 10.5mm slim, aluminium front handset. Targeting all audiences, the phone comes complete with a two megapixel camera, FM radio, TrackID and 512MB Memory Stick Micro.
The W902 is claimed to offer "crystal clear sound quality and a dramatically richer bass". The W902 features the same sound quality as the newly launched W980 which was rated "best audio experience" this month, in a trial conducted in Germany by TESTfactory.
The W595 Walkman, is packed full of innovations for great music and media moments. Just as the W902 it too features a 2.2" bright and large screen for impressing video capabilities. Store and play over 1900 tunes in the 2GB Memory Stick Micro or share sounds with random bystanders through the built in stereo speakers. The handset also comes with a double earphone socket allowing two people to listen to the phone in privacy.
All three phones will be launched in Q4 of this year.
The Walkman phone through history
- August 2005 - Sony Ericsson launches its very first Walkman phone - the W800
- December 2005 - Three million Walkman phones sold to date
- April 2006 - Sony Ericsson launches its first Walkman phone music accessories; MPS-60 portable speakers, which goes on to sell millions of units worldwide
- October 2006 - Sony Ericsson launches its first slider Walkman phone - the W850 which also introduces the unique TrackID(TM) music recognition application
- November 2006 -Sony Ericsson launches the W950 Walkman with the biggest storage yet - 4GB
- December 2006 - 20 million Walkman phones sold to date
- February 2007 - Sony Ericsson launches its slimmest Walkman - the W880
- November 2007 - W910 Walkman phone with Turbo 3G/HSDPA launches as a complete entertainment device
- December 2007 - Walkman phone sales hit 57 million
- February 2008 - Sony Ericsson launches the W350, with Walkman on top and W380 with gesture control
- July 2008 - W980 Walkman phone with clear audio experience launches